بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم
Lesson 1.1 Accompanying Text for Lesson 1.1
Please note that the English is merely a guide – as opposed to an accurate translation – as to what the matn (text) refers to. We ask Allah for forgiveness for the inevitable mistakes.
This lesson covers:
- Sources of Sacred Law
- Definitions and Legal Implications of ‘Specific’ and ‘General’ words in the Book of Allah Most High.
Sources of Sacred Law
- The Book of Allah – al-Qur’an
- The Sunna of His Messenger [Peace & Blessings be upon him]
- Ijma [Consensus]
- Qiyas or analogical reasoning
- Khaas al Fard (Specific Individual) – For example ‘Zaid’ would be Khaas al Fard
- Khaas al Naw‘ (Specific Class) – Examples of this are ‘Man’, ‘Woman’
- Khaas al Jins (Specific Species) – For example ‘Mankind’, ‘Animals’